A flat and well-toned abdomen is considered a sign of being attractive and toned. Various techniques like exercise, dieting and weight-control can be followed to achieve it but many people fail to do so. Tummy tuck surgery better known as Abdominoplasty is a sure shot way to get a taut stomach. It helps in removing the excess fat and skin near the abdomen and is done by restoring the weakened or separated muscles, resulting in a smooth and flat belly.
Myths Regarding Tummy Tuck:
There are many myths regarding the tummy tuck surgery. Many people consider it as a substitute for weight loss, whereas it is a mere surgery for removing excessive fats from the abdomen and not a substitute for weight loss.
The results of the surgery are permanent but only in cases where the weight is maintained. Also patients can get back to their daily chores after the first week of the surgery but with permission from the surgeon.
Best Candidates For A Tummy Tuck
Tummy Tuck can be considered by both men and women, regardless of their age. The main idea is to have an increased amount of skin laxity near the belly button which women may have due to pregnancies. Tummy tuck is excessively being used by the male candidates who have excessive amount of fat or flabs at the sides or back.
Tummy Tuck Types & Procedure:
The Abdominoplasty are categorized into two types:
- Complete Abdominoplasty: The surgery involves cutting down the fat from hipbone to hipbone.
- Mini Abdominoplasty: This is performed for people whose fat deposits are located below the navel. The surgeon tends to not move the belly button and the surgery lasts for less than two hours.
The procedure for a tummy tuck includes the following steps:
- Anesthesia: This is required for the comfort during the surgical procedure. The choices of anesthesia includes local or general anesthesia and the doctor would suggest the one suitable for the candidate.
- Incisions: Horizontal incision is performed near the belly button to cut out the extra fat or skin in the area. The length of the incision depends upon the amount of excessive fat in the skin. The abdominal muscles are also repaired once the abdominal skin is lifted. Other incisions are done to remove the excess fat.
- Closing The Incision: Once the necessary fat is removed from the area the incisions are closed with sutures, adhesives, tapes and clips.
The procedure requires a positive attitude and realistic expectations from the candidate as it is a surgical procedure.
For tummy tuck procedure in Fort Worth/ Dallas, consider Dr. Strock, a renowned cosmetic surgeon. He specializes in performing endoscopic procedures for body contouring. For details, call at 817-335-1616.